Confident Business Networking Skills
- Duration: Half Day
- Who is it for: Those who wish to become better networkers
Business networking is a marketing process by which people build mutually beneficial relationships and business opportunities with other like-minded business people and potential clients.
An effective and comparatively low-cost activity, networking enables people to meet and build positive one-to-one business relationships with contacts they make, exchange business leads and make referrals.
For all the positive results of networking, people still feel uncomfortable when attending events and often harbour doubts about their particular usefulness.
This course is designed to help delegates feel more confident at networking events. It addresses their fears and concerns, gives hints and tips for preparing for events, goes through a variety of ideas and tools to help them cope during these occasions and offers advice on how and when to follow up after an event.
An ideal course for delegates who need to become better networkers and who would like some ideas and guidelines to point them in the right direction and increase their confidence in networking.
- What is networking and why attend events?
- Targeting the right event
- Common fears and worries
- Preparation - what to do before the event
- Your elevator speech
- Your image
- Business cards
- Your approach and mindset
- Presenting you
- Body language and building rapport
- Questioning techniques and openers – building the relationship
- Remembering names
- Networking don’ts
- What to do after the event