Effective Business Writing
- Duration: 1 Day
- Who is it for: Those who have to produce business documents.
Delegates will benefit from attending this course if:
- their job requires them to produce documents
- they feel they know what you want to say but cannot always put it on paper
- they lack confidence in their ability to deal with spellings, apostrophes and grammar
- they need guidance on producing business correspondence.
Delegates should be willing to build on current English usage skills and to develop an awareness of the power and impact of the written word in business.
Following the course, delegates will have the knowledge of how to:
- produce professionally laid out letters, memos, reports and minutes
- write more effectively, using the correct grammar
- use punctuation and capitalisation correctly
- deal with apostrophes confidently
- carry out proof-reading and document checking skills
- The importance of effective writing in business
- Business letter layout
- Writing emails
- Setting out reports
- Writing up minutes
- Checking for errors
- Tips for spelling and punctuation
- Tips for the correct use of grammar