Organising and Chairing Meetings Effectively
- Duration: 1 Day
- Who is it for: Anyone responsible for organising and chairing meetings of any size and type.
With meetings taking up so much time at work, it is vital that they are organised and run effectively to make the best use of the participants’ time and ensure the best possible outcome for the organisation.
This course will benefit anyone who is responsible for organising and chairing meetings of any size and type.
Delegates will learn how to organise a meeting; hear suggestions on how to manage relevant paperwork; understand what makes a good chairperson and learn the various actions required to ensure that their meetings run smoothly and are an efficient and effective use of the time of those participating.
They will also examine the various personalities involved in meetings and how best to manage them, in particular those who cause conflict.
- What makes an effective chairperson - identifying the skills and qualities of a good chairperson
- The role of the chairperson and other meeting participants
- Organising a meeting and preparing the venue
- Paperwork involved and helpful tools and ideas
- Communication – effective questioning, listening, supporting and differing
- Challenges and barriers to a good meeting
- Promoting participation
- Dealing with difficult situations/people
- Providing a framework for group decision making, confirming results, summarising and assigning actions.
- Sharing success
- Following up actions