The Effective Administrator
- Duration: 1 Day
- Who is it for: New or experienced administrators wishing to learn new working practices or improve their skills.
Administrators provide vital support to a wide variety of department and managers.
This course is for administrators wishing to enhance their personal effectiveness and working practices, improve their skills and contribute more effectively to their team.
Delegates will look at the skills and qualities essential to their success as an effective administrator. They will learn to plan and prioritise workloads, identify areas for improvement in their current working practices, and set goals effectively.
Delegates will also learn what is required to ensure that meetings are organised properly, run smoothly and are an efficient and effective use of the time of the participants.
As communication forms a large part of all jobs, the course will help delegates develop their confidence and interpersonal skills, as well as improve their proficiency in written communications.
Internal and external relations will be considered when covering customer care and telephone skills.
- The organisation and its objectives, and the role of the Administrator
- Managing time more effectively and improving organisational skills
- Setting and achieving goals
- Organisation of meetings
- Communication and confidence building
- Verbal and non-verbal messages
- Listening skills
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Basic negotiation techniques
- Better written communications
- Giving excellent customer care
- Handling difficult people and situations
- Effective telephone skills