The Efficient Clerical Officer
- Duration: 2 Days
- Who is it for: New clerical staff wishing to improve personal effectiveness and develop their working practices.
Clerical staff provide an important service in a variety of departments.
The Efficient Clerical Officer course is aimed at those staff who wish to improve their personal effectiveness and develop their working practices. It will help them to improve their skills and give them the tools to be a more effective team member.
Delegates will look at the skills and qualities needed by successful clerical staff. Time management tips will help them identify areas for improvement in current working practices, plan and prioritise work, and manage office resources.
As clerical staff are often called upon to organise meetings, delegates will also learn what is required of them to ensure that they are organised properly, run smoothly and are an efficient and effective use of the time of the participants.
With communication forming a large part of all jobs, the course will help delegates develop their confidence and interpersonal skills, as well as
improve their proficiency in written communications.
When discussing customer care and telephone skills, both internal and external relations will be covered, including working well as a team member.
- The organisation, its objectives, and the role of clerical staff
- Managing time more effectively and learning how to prioritise
- Managing office resources
- Organising meetings
- Customer care and team working
- Effective telephone skills
- Goal setting
- Confidence and communication skills
- verbal and non-verbal messages
- listening skills
- giving and receiving criticism
- basic negotiation techniques
- handling difficult people and situations
- better written communications