Telephone Techniques for Professionals
- Duration: 1 Day
- Who is it for: Those new to using telephones at work or those wishing to refresh or improve on their techniques.
This course introduces delegates to the concept of the telephone being a crucial communication tool in business, where its misuse can lead to misunderstandings, wastage of time and effort, and even loss of valuable customers.
It is suitable for those who are new to using telephones in business and those who have experience in handling phone calls but wish to improve their techniques and learn how to handle more sensitive situations.
- Telephone usage in the workplace
- Making the greatest use of the telephone and avoiding potential pitfalls
- Listening skills
- Tone of voice and body language
- Productive questioning techniques
- Positive ways of projecting the company image over the phone
- Analysis of delegates’ current telephone behaviour to find ways to improve and build on skills
- ‘Controlling the call’ to make the best use of the telephone at work
- Taking and passing on messages
- Leaving answer-machine and voicemail messages
- Solving the problems of callers – taking responsibility for the successful conclusion of conversations, and reinforcing customer service
- Handling difficult callers