Effective Supervision and Team Leadership
- Duration: 2 Day
- Who is it for: Those new to the leadership role or wishing to improve their basic management skills.
This course will help delegates to develop the skills and techniques of effective supervision and team leadership.
Designed for those new to the leadership role or those wishing to improve their basic management skills, the course will enable delegates to learn about team and individual goal-setting and motivation, communication, assertiveness, listening skills, performance measurement, coaching and feedback.
The course may be run as two days consecutively or as two separate days.
- The role and responsibilities of the supervisor
- People management
- Setting individual and team goals and objectives
- Motivating individuals and teams
- Communication, listening skills and feedback
- Team development
- Developing team members
- Managing team performance
- Building on strengths
- Effective delegation
- Managing difficult people and situations
- Effective meetings
- Problem solving techniques
- Personal development – action planning for the future