Assertiveness and Confidence Building
- Duration: 1 Day
- Who is it for: Anyone wanting to develop more productive relationships in a positive way.
This course will enable delegates to understand the processes which will make them more effective and increase their confidence and sense of achievement. It will give them the tools to help them deal with work colleagues, customers, suppliers and contacts outside work in a productive way and be able to maintain and improve relationships.
Delegates will identify their own personality type and learn to recognise passive, aggressive and assertive behaviour in other people. They will gain tips on how to be more confident and how to behave assertively when others behave aggressively.
Delegates will also learn how to manage awkward people and situations, both at home and at work, and how to improve their communication skills – both verbal and non-verbal.
- Different personality types - assertive, passive, aggressive
- Typical body and verbal language used by all types
- Analysis of problem areas – people and/or situations
- Building rapport
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Basic negotiation techniques
- Handling difficult people and situations
- How to appear more assertive to others
- Dressing the part
- Mini role plays