Personal Assistant to the Head Teacher
- Duration: 1 Day
- Who is it for: Those moving into a PA role or those with experience wishing to improve or reinforce their skills.
Personal assistants provide vital support to principals, head teachers, the SLT and heads of department in schools, and contribute greatly to achieving school objectives.
This course is designed for secretaries and administrators moving into the role of personal assistant or those already in these positions wishing
to improve and validate their skills.
Delegates will look at a variety of ways in which they can enhance their position in the school and become a valuable “right hand person” for their head and other leaders, as well as achieving and maintaining their own professionalism and identity.
Whilst safeguarding is not covered in any detail on this course, confidentiality is discussed to raise awareness of where issues may occur.
The course will provide them with skills needed by today’s personal assistants, including managing their time and that of others, problem solving, report
writing and minute taking.
- The school and its objectives, and the role of the PA
- Confidentiality awareness
- Time and project management, goal setting
- Problem solving techniques
- Effective communication
- Delegation and negotiation
- Writing reports and minutes
- Projecting a professional image
- Continuing professional development
- Getting ahead